The living room and bedrooms in this bungalow faced the street and the house had little connection with the backyard view. This family room / dining room / kitchen addition was designed to unify the interior and exterior. The existing front entrance now opens up to the addition and the rear porch. As you enter the house you immediately get a sense of the backyard view. A 16’ Black fiberglass sliding door is intended to make the porch and the family room feel like one space.
· Passive solar design: The light tower and breakfast room windows face south
· Windows and doors are fiberglass
· The floor is dark bamboo. Black frost resistant slate connect the front entrance and porch
· The walls are painted with clay based Farrow & Ball paint
· The exterior is cladded in James Hardie Cement board panels
· The flat roof has been insulated with factory sloped Roxul insulation panels and a Duradeck membrane